Saturday, December 18, 2010

Water Ionizer- a Scam?

I am not against Water Filter as I have installed an overall Stainless steel Nesh Outdoor Prefilter at my home and a small filter at the drinking tap for my own consumptions. I believe it I effective to remove much “impurities” chlorine, chemical and bacterial from our water piping systems.

But I meet salesmen/salesgirls who are trained to parrot some literature that the companies produce that their special has this added features that will keep us healthy.

1. The Oxygenated Water sales person. (My immediate thoughts were that, heh! we get oxygen from the air that we breathe, as our lungs inhale and exhale. Unless we are fishes with gills that get oxygen from water. Drinking such water will not oxygenate our body systems)

2. The Alkaline Water sale person. (My first respond isn’t our body intestinal & pancreatic systems able to regulate the acids/alkaline balance by its self?)

3. The Ionize water sale person.(Can use to wash vegetables, meat, etc and it can remove, pesticides, chemical, hormone in the meats.)

There are so much pseudo science out there that may even caught the expert by surprise.

So I did some Goggling & Yahooing up and here is what I found.

http://good-water.biz/water_ionizer_scam.html

http://www.chem1.com/CQ/ionbunk.html

And don’t get me wrong I am a believer in healthy living, good nutrition, exercise, clean water, sunshine and fresh air. But surely such claims needed to be examined before you part with your hard earned money.

1 comment:

  1. Wonder whether the same is true with homeopathic treatment such as 'Ozone therapy', use of food-quality 'Hydrogen Peroxide' and 'UV Blood Irradiation'. What about 'Coffee Enema'? One Ozone therapy jab in KL cost RM50 (one hospital charging RM500!). The UV Blood irradiation is RM 250. One bag of 'organic coffee' for enema cost RM18. I have tried 'ozone jabs' over a period of time and I must say I am extremely disappointed.

    ReplyDelete